Ujjain Tour Packages
Find an immediate sense of peace and let the enchanting aura of Ujjain engulf you as you tour this holy city.
Situated in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, Ujjain is a holy city that is home to famous temples and other fascinating structures. Be it waltzing down alleys or making your way through the pilgrims along the serene river ghats, a Ujjain tour package offers a peaceful respite and an enchanting experience all weaved together into one trip. The city has attracted countless pilgrims and traders for hundreds of years now and is one of the major tourist attractions of Madhya Pradesh. Religious tourism remains one of the prime reasons behind many travellers booking a sightseeing package to Ujjain.
It is one of the seven sacred cities in Hinduism and also one of the cities that host the Kumbh Mela that takes place every 12 years. You can feel the spirituality in the air when you enter the city with your Ujjain tour package. The sense of calm stays with you even long after you return from your trip. The city of Ujjain has a rich cultural heritage that you can witness showcased beautifully in its temples. Located on the banks of the Shipra River, the city offers a perfect break for every kind of traveler who books a package for Ujjain. Travelers can opt for a Ujjain tour package online to explore every important aspect of Ujjain as per their convenience. You can search online at Veena World for a local tour package of Ujjain based on the cost/price that is suitable for you. The best thing about booking an all-inclusive Ujjain tour package by Veena World is that it will come with a fixed tour itinerary that will let you explore every facet of the ancient city. So, if you decide to go for a local tour package for Ujjain, you will be able to concentrate on having fun on your trip without having to worry about trip planning.
Ujjain Travel Packages
|Women's Special Indore Ujjain Mandu||5 Days||₹34,000|
|Seniors' Special Indore Ujjain Mandu||5 Days||₹38,000|
|Indore Ujjain Mandu||5 Days||₹42,000|
|Wonders of Madhya Pradesh||13 Days||₹70,000|
|All of Madhya Pradesh||17 Days||₹95,000|
6 Ujjain Holiday Packages
Ujjain Frequently Asked Questions
We help you prepare for your trip and ensure an effortless and enjoyable travel experience.
A 3-day Ujjain tour package will be perfect for exploring all that the city has to offer. The Shree Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, Kal Bhairav Temple, Chintaman Ganesh Temple, Bhartihari Caves, ISKON Temple, Jantar Mantar, Ram Ghat, etc. are some of the attractions that will be covered in your 3-day Ujjain tour package for a relaxing trip, with enough time to indulge in some shopping.
October to March is the best time for you to book a local tour package for Ujjain. The temperature stays moderate most of the day and the climate is pleasant, which makes sightseeing easier as well. If you do plan to travel during this time, make sure to pack some warm clothes, as the mist-covered mornings and nights may get a little chilly. The rest of the year, Ujjain’s temperatures go as high as 37-degree Celsius, which can make exploring a bit uncomfortable. However, if you are ok with the heat, you may even get some great deals on your local tour package for Ujjain during the summers.
Yes. Travellers are now allowed to attend the Bhasma Aarti at the Mahakaleshwar Temple, which is the only Jyotirlinga Temple where this aarti is held. The aarti starts at 4 am every day, except on the second day of Mahashivaratri. However, visitors are required to book tickets online before they can attend the aarti. The cost of your Ujjain trip will include the entry to the Bhasma Aarti as well when you choose a relevant holiday package from Veena World.
One of the biggest reasons behind the popularity of Ujjain tourism packages is the fact that Ujjain is considered to be one of the seven holiest cities in India, which makes it an important Hindu pilgrimage site. The city is particularly associated with the destroyer of all elements, Mahakal, the fiercest avatar of Lord Shiva. The city, also known as the Temple City of India, houses numerous ancient and religiously significant temples, including the Mahakaleshwar Temple, which is the only Jyotirlinga Temple where the Bhasma Aarti is performed. People also book Ujjain tourism packages to attend the Kumbh Mela, as Ujjain is one of the 4 cities, where the mela is held.
When visiting the city with an Ujjain holiday package, some of the best things that you can buy, whether for yourself or as souvenirs, include Jain namkeen, Chanderi silk, silver jewellery, crafts with stones, stone statues, and much more. You can add places like the Traditional Bazar, Pakiza Mall, Treasure Bazar, Global Mandir Marg Market, and Bafna Sweets and Namkeen to your Ujjain package for an amazing shopping experience.
Yes. You can rest assured about safety when booking an Ujjain travel package, even if you are a female travelling solo, as Ujjain is considered to be one of the safest cities in India. With constant police patrolling, you can go out in the city, even at odd hours. However, it is advised to take all the basic travel-related precautions, like avoiding going to secluded places at night and being careful in crowded places to protect yourself from being pickpocketed. Ujjain sees throngs upon throngs of visitors during major celebrations like Kumbh Mela, which is when you should observe some extra precautions. When you book an Ujjain travel package with Veena World, you also have the assurance of 24X7 support in case of emergencies or if you require assistance.
A prominent feature in any Ujjain holiday package, Mahakaleshwar Temple is the only Jyotirlinga Temple where the Bhasma Aarti is performed every day. Unless you are attending the aarti, which begins at 4 am in the morning, a regular darshan can take 15 mins to 1.5 hours, depending on how crowded it is. You can try avoiding rush days like Mondays or Amavasya or you can consider buying the paid darshan ticket online if you do not wish to stand in long lines.
Yes. With Veena World, you have complete flexibility to design your tour package as per your preferences. You get to choose things like your preferred mode of travel, type of accommodation, meal choices, duration of the trip, day-to-day itineraries, etc. for planning your holiday your way. You can also avoid the crowds at the temples and schedule non-busy days for your darshan in your Ujjain package.
Yes. Booking Ujjain sightseeing packages is a great idea. One of the most ancient towns in India, Ujjain holds great religious significance for Hindus. This city also houses the Mahakaleshwar Temple which is home to one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, where the Bhasma Aarti is performed every day. Ujjain is also the site of the Simhastha Kumbh Mela, which is hosted here once every 12 years. Apart from this, Ujjain also boasts of a number of historical places and other interesting attractions like the Kal Bhairav Temple and Kark Rajeshwar Temple, Jantar Mantar, Bhartihari Caves, etc. that you can include in your Ujjain sightseeing package.
The cost of your trip will vary depending on the Ujjain vacation package you choose, the number of days you spend here, the type of accommodation you choose, your mode of travel to and from Ujjain, etc. You can explore the wide range of options by Veena World to find the perfect Ujjain vacation package that suits your budget. These packages range from pocket-friendly to luxury vacations, so you can find exactly what you are looking for.
Get to know more about Ujjain before booking your tour packages
Ujjain is an ancient city located in the Malwa region of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Credited as being one of the holiest cities in India, Ujjain local tour packages are very popular amongst travellers. Located on the eastern bank of the serene Shipra river, the city is one of the 4 sites where the Kumbh Mela is held, which is the biggest peace gathering on Earth visited by close to 100 million people.
Ujjain tour packages are also popular among people who wish to witness the Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga, which is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva. The essence of Ujjain can be seen in architecture, educational value, and religion.
The best way to explore every hidden gem in the city is by selecting a suitable Ujjain tour package online, available at cost-effective prices at Veena World. These packages come with a pre-planned itinerary and allow you to explore all the important places in the city. Hence, whenever you plan to visit Ujjain, a package vacation would be the right way to go.
The majority of people living in Ujjain is Hindus. You also find Christians, Jains, Parsees, Sikhs, and Muslims here. The people of Ujjain are religious and take part in many spiritual activities and festivities. When you chat with a local here, you will come to know that the people residing in this ancient city are extremely friendly and welcoming in nature. They love to talk about their city and lead a very simple lifestyle. One of the most important occupations of the people of the city is agriculture. The traditional attire of the people of this place is salwar-kameez and sarees for the women and kurta pyjamas for the men. Apart from being a holy destination, an Ujjain travel package promises a very serene experience to all travellers.
Things to Do in Ujjain
There are plenty of things to do in the city for everyone. Some of the best attractions that you can add to your local tour package of Ujjain include:
- Mahakaleshwar Temple: The Mahakaleshwar Temple is a pilgrimage site for the Hindus that is located in the city of Ujjain. It is a sacred place and is considered to be Lord Shiva’s abode. A visit to this temple forms a part of several Ujjain travel packages. Perched on the banks of the tranquil Rudra Sagar Lake, the temple houses one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. Numerous visitors have said that they found themselves at peace here. Many celebrations and religious festivals take place at the temple as well. The Mahakaleshwar Temple has five levels. The entire temple complex is an expansive courtyard with sculptural finery displaying the influence of Chalukya, Bhumija, and Maratha structural designs. Mahakaleshwar’s remarkable lingam sculptures can be seen, along with the images of Parvati, Kartikeya, and Ganesha in the complex. You will also find the inscriptions of Nagachandresvara and Omkaresvara here. When you visit the temple, you can attend the ritual ceremony called the Bhasma-Aarti that takes at the temple and is a sight to behold.
- Harsiddhi Temple: The Harsiddhi Temple houses an idol of Annapurna between the idols of Mahalaxmi and Mahasaraswati. Constructed during the time of the Marathas, the temple is included in many sightseeing packages of Ujjain. Harsiddhi temple enshrines an image of the popular goddess Annapurna painted in vermillion. At the entrance of the temple, you will be able to notice tall black stone towers with lamps, showcasing Maratha art. If you are planning to visit the temple during the Navratri, you will be able to witness these lamps ignited, creating a complete visual spectacle.
- Ram Ghat: Ram Ghat is a famous river ghat in Ujjain and is one of the must-visit places of the city. When you visit the ghat, you can notice numerous people either taking a bath or offering flowers or milk to the serene Shipra River. The best time to visit Ram Ghat is at the time of dawn or dusk as you can see many lit candles at the edge of the calm waters. If you have booked your Ujjain travel package during the festival season, you will be able to see huge numbers of people heading towards the ghat, which makes for an iconic sight as you bear witness to the religious devotion of these people.
- Kal Bhairava Temple: Many Ujjain sightseeing packages include a trip to the Kal Bhairava Temple. Kal Bhairava is the most significant among the eight Bhairavas. Bhairav is Lord Shiva’s fierce manifestation. When you learn more about the temple, you will come to know that the temple is associated with the Tantra cult. When you reach the temple on your Ujjain tour package, you will see a Shivalinga in the temple. At the time of Mahashivratri, the temple is flocked by numerous visitors.
- Kaliadeh Palace: Perched on the banks of the Shipra River, this palace is known to hold huge religious significance. Built in 1458 AD, the palace is surrounded by the river’s waters on both sides and is a fascinating structure to explore in the city. This palace was known for its beauty in the past and was visited by Jehangir and Akbar, as is found in the Persian inscriptions in the palace’s corridor. This magnificent palace was destroyed when the Pindaris were in power. But Madhavrao Scindia loved the beauty of the palace and made the decision to restore it.
Best Time to Visit Ujjain
The best time to visit Ujjain is in the months from October to March as it has windy and lovely weather during that time. These months are ideal months to book your Ujjain travel package as the temperatures drop to 20 degree Celsius. If you wish to attend the Kumbh Mela that takes place once every twelve years, you can opt for Ujjain sightseeing packages in the month of March.