Sonmarg Tour Packages
With glistening snow-laden peaks, crystalline glaciers, placid lakes, and undulating vistas in the most vivid colors, a visit to the ‘Golden Meadow’ is a must for all travelers.
It is not an easy task to put the beauty that this paradise has to offer into words. Pretty valleys crisscrossing steep mountains, numerous ethereal lakes making way for meadows, Sonmarg holiday packages are all about the unbelievable wonders of nature. Situated in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, it beckons tourists to close their eyes, take a deep breath and embrace the dreamlike landscape. Sonmarg holiday packages may not be for travelers who like an action-packed itinerary, but it is for those who understand, appreciate, and wish to listen to the silence of serenity.
The piety and devotion of the Amarnath pilgrims give the place a spiritualistic aura. Majestic and mysterious, Sonmarg tourism is driven by its temporary settlements that vanish when the shimmering snow blankets the earth during the winters. Veena World has a number of specially designed Sonmarg holiday packages that celebrate the eternity of nature that humans can’t conquer but can only bow to. A Sonmarg sightseeing tour is all about getting up close and personal with the magnetism of the place. Based on how much time you wish to spend at this destination, the places you wish to cover, and your preferences, you can book the perfect Sonmarg package for your next vacation from Veena World.
Sonmarg Travel Packages
|Women's Special Kashmir||8 Days||₹70,000|
|Seniors' Special Kashmir||8 Days||₹72,000|
|Best of Kashmir||8 Days||₹75,000|
|Best of Kashmir - Pune||8 Days||₹79,000|
|Kashmir Jewels||8 Days||₹50,000|
5 Sonmarg Holiday Packages
Veena World tour reviews
What are you waiting for? Chalo Bag Bharo Nikal Pado!
Sonmarg Frequently Asked Questions
We help you prepare for your trip and ensure an effortless and enjoyable travel experience.
Sonmarg is a hill station in Jammu and Kashmir that boasts of beauty so mesmerising that it seems almost magical. Literally meaning “meadow of gold”, Sonmarg is popular for several reasons. In ancient times, it was a gateway to the Silk Road, which connected Kashmir to China, and today, the town is militarily important for India, being the base camp for Ladakh. Sonmarg is also a heli base for the Amarnath Yatra and an important link for those travelling between Srinagar and Kargil. It is also a prominent stop for people travelling to Leh by road. Apart from these, Sonmarg packages are quite popular by themselves as well, for the lush natural vistas, vast meadows, intriguing glaciers, treks, and adventure activities like river rafting, rock climbing, etc. that they have to offer
3-4-day Sonmarg holiday packages are ideal for people who want to explore all that this little hill station has to offer. Whether it is visiting tourist attractions like Thajiwas Glacier, Zoji-la-Pas, and Vishansar Lake; trying some adventure activities like river rafting or just spend some time in the lap of nature, 3-4 days will be ample time for your trip. At Veena World, you can choose from a range of Sonmarg holiday packages and choose one based on the itinerary and duration of the trip.
Planning a trip to any destination involves a lot of research and a fair amount of time to ensure there are no hassles. However, with Sonmarg vacation packages by Veena World, you can plan the perfect vacation with ease. All you need to do is explore our range of packages and choose the one you like best, and we will manage everything else. From making travel arrangements and booking the accommodation to the itinerary, meals, and other arrangements, we will take care of everything for you.
Yes. Sonmarg is considered to be one of the most beautiful hill stations in Jammu and Kashmir. The awe-inspiring beauty of Sonmarg will captivate your hearts and minds as you rendezvous with nature. The “meadow of gold”, with its backdrop of snow-capped mountains, is truly an awe-inspiring destination. It isn’t just the nature-lovers who can look forward to a good time with Sonmarg tour packages, as the destination also has some amazing trekking opportunities as well as adventure activities like rock climbing, rafting, etc.
Yes. Sonmarg receives heavy snowfall during the winters and you can enjoy the amazing sight of the entire valley as it is covered under a blanket of snow. The winter season in Sonmarg begins in November and lasts till April, with the best time to experience the snowfall being some time in December or March. As you get deeper into the winter season, Sonmarg experiences very heavy snowfall and is mostly inaccessible. So, if you want to experience light snowfall, you can book your Sonmarg trip packages accordingly.
Sonmarg has pleasant summer and monsoon seasons and you can book your Sonmarg travel packages for any time from March to August for a pleasant vacation when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. March to June are the summer months when the temperature is perfect for sightseeing as well as adventure activities. With infrequent showers and lower temperatures, the monsoons (July-September) are also a good time for booking Sonmarg travel packages. However, adventure activities tend to get riskier and may be shut during the monsoons. The winters last from October to February, when Sonmarg gets heavy snowfall and is mostly inaccessible. For those who want to experience some light snow, March or December will be a good time to visit.
Yes. We provide Customised Holidays to Sonmarg. Herein, you get to choose all aspects of the holiday package, including the type of accommodation, duration of the stay, attractions and destinations covered, and even your daily itineraries. Veena World’s Customised Holidays gives you the chance to personalise your travel experience according to your preferences.
Yes, a Sonmarg group tour can be an amazing experience. Apart from being able to enjoy the group adventure activities like river rafting much more, group tours offer you the unique opportunity to travel with like-minded people from all over. You have the excitement of getting to know new people, exploring a new destination, as well as the comfort of the known.
Both destinations are extremely popular in their own right and known all over for the scenic beauty they showcase. Sonmarg and Gulmarg have a lot to offer. Gulmarg is known for its skiing opportunities and is home to the highest Gondola ride in Asia. On the other hand, Sonmarg has some of the best trekking trails and many other points of interest that you can explore. In the end, it depends on your travel preferences, as both are good options for a vacation.
Yes. Sonmarg is one of the safest places for tourists to visit in Jammu and Kashmir. However, you should take some basic travel precautions, as you would while travelling to any other destination. Other than that, it is also important to be careful while trekking or hiking up the mountains. Make sure you follow the common trails and do not stray off the path. At Veena World, we also provide round-the-clock assistance for all travellers, to help ensure that you can enjoy a safe and hassle-free vacation.
Get to know more about Sonmarg before booking your tour packages
Sonmarg is located in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir. Although the entire region of Jammu and Kashmir boasts of unsurpassed natural beauty, the panoramic views you can experience on your Sonmarg trip package elevate it to a whole new level. Sonmarg lies in a valley on the banks of the Nallah Sindh, a tributary of the Jhelum River and clearly visible on Sonmarg holiday packages are the great Himalayan Kolhoi and Machoi Glaciers. These glaciers, in turn, give rise to the majestic peaks of Sirbal, Kolhoi, Amarnath, and Machoi.
Once an important gateway to the ancient Silk Route, Sonmarg has been able to preserve its sanctity and Sonmarg tourism has slowly gained popularity for the ultimate serenity it offers.
Sonmarg is a destination which is to be explored slowly at an unhurried pace. Sonmarg packages are all about seeking rejuvenation and exhilaration through the abundance of nature. The sight of the snow-covered peaks and the shimmery glaciers, the never-ending meadows, and the spectacular lakes make a Sonmarg tour quite an exciting proposition. However, Sonmarg is not only about witnessing nature at its best but also about the unexpected thrills that the destination has to offer. You can plan a visit to the lakes, glaciers, and the foothills of the Himalayas but there's so much more to do here that you would be spoiled for choice. Being an important stop on the Amarnath Yatra route, a Sonmarg tour package holds its own might. Go white water rafting or indulge in some fishing at Krishnasar Lake or go camping at Baltal Lake; each activity offered in Sonmarg holiday packages is an exciting possibility. The vistas here are very captivating and you can explore them with the many natural trekking trails in the region. Even if you are a novice, a trekking expedition can add a lot of value to your Sonmarg tour.
Things to Do in Sonmarg
A Sonmarg sightseeing tour has so many utterly gorgeous landscapes that it would be difficult to decide on which ones to include and which ones to exclude. However, here are a few of the tourist places in Sonmarg that you should not miss out on:
- Thajiwas Glacier: This extraordinary glacier that rises 3000 m above sea level and is snow-covered all-year-round bestows one of the most breath-taking sceneries that you will be able to experience in a Sonmarg tour package. The best way to reach the glacier is by trekking from Sonmarg. All the effort you put into the trek will certainly be worth it as the trail itself takes you through some magnificent views. The sight of the frozen lake surrounded by lush greenery and the numerous waterfalls is truly mesmerizing. If a trek doesn’t excite you, a pony ride might just suit you better without bereaving you of the sensational beauty that surrounds you. Skiing and ice-scooter rides are also quite popular here. The nomadic Gujjar tribes have temporary settlements here and seem to have come from an altogether different age.
- Vishansar Lake: Just a tiny glimpse of the sapphire waters of Vishansar Lake on your Sonmarg tour package is enough to instantly captivate your senses. This lake is considered to be quite sacred by Kashmiri Pandits. It also serves as a source for the Nelum River that flows upwards in the northern direction. It is quite a treat to the eyes to see the sheep grazing nearby. The best way to enjoy the unspoiled aura of the lake and its surroundings is to opt for a night stay by the lake. You can browse Veena World for a customised Sonmarg package that suits you.
- Zoji La Pass: The difficult and unforgiving terrain of Zoji La Pass is a testimony of why it has been of historic and strategic importance to the country. It serves as an extremely important link between the union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. It is the highest point where tanks have been used and a visit to this place on your Sonmarg package will give you the surreal feeling that you are on top of the world.
- Shutkari Bridge: If you always had wanted to do some white-water rafting, this would be the ideal place to get your adrenaline flowing. Whether you are a novice or an experienced rafter, there are ample opportunities and rafting stretches that will fulfil your desire for adventure on your Sonmarg package.
- Krishnasar Lake: This exquisite lake and the surroundings are sure to charm your senses. And what makes the visit even more fun is the availability of abundant trout fishing spots. Patiently waiting for the fish to take bait while the pristine mountain ambience keeps you company will prove to be one of the most enjoyable Sonmarg tourism experiences.
- Nilagrad River: This beauteous river is considered to be very sacred by the people of the valley and the locals often take a dip in the river on Sundays. The locals believe that the water of the river has healing properties. Settled nearby is the Baltic community that has made this area their home for ages. You can also visit their modest but inviting settlement to get a better perspective into the daily lives of the Baltics.
- Baltal Valley: This valley is ideal for an all-encompassing experience. Explore the mysterious looking caves or simply enjoy the infinite calm and soothing ambience of the valley, A Sonmarg trip package is completely worth your time as the ‘golden meadow’ is truly an amazing destination to explore.
A Sonmarg package offers such an invigorating mix of leisure and adventure that a trip to the destination is an experience of a lifetime, for you will rarely find so much beauty and excitement in one place. The carefully crafted Sonmarg tour packages available at Veena World include all the best places to see Sonmarg and promise an amazing vacation.
Best Time to Visit Sonmarg
The summer season from May to June is ideal for sightseeing, camping, and trekking. But if you want to witness the snowfall and frozen glaciers, the winter months from November to April would be perfect. July to September are monsoon months and the region experiences heavy rainfall and landslides and thus a tour to the place is not recommended during this time.