Sonmarg Tour Packages
With glistening snow-laden peaks, crystalline glaciers, placid lakes, and undulating vistas in the most vivid colors, a visit to the ‘Golden Meadow’ is a must for all travelers.
It is not an easy task to put the beauty that this paradise has to offer into words. Pretty valleys crisscrossing steep mountains, numerous ethereal lakes making way for meadows, Sonmarg holiday packages are all about the unbelievable wonders of nature. Situated in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, it beckons tourists to close their eyes, take a deep breath and embrace the dreamlike landscape. Sonmarg holiday packages may not be for travelers who like an action-packed itinerary, but it is for those who understand, appreciate, and wish to listen to the silence of serenity.
The piety and devotion of the Amarnath pilgrims give the place a spiritualistic aura. Majestic and mysterious, Sonmarg tourism is driven by its temporary settlements that vanish when the shimmering snow blankets the earth during the winters. Veena World has a number of specially designed Sonmarg holiday packages that celebrate the eternity of nature that humans can’t conquer but can only bow to. A Sonmarg sightseeing tour is all about getting up close and personal with the magnetism of the place. Based on how much time you wish to spend at this destination, the places you wish to cover, and your preferences, you can book the perfect Sonmarg package for your next vacation from Veena World.
Sonmarg Travel Packages
|Couples Only Kashmir||8 Days||₹50,000|
|Kashmir Jewels||8 Days||₹50,000|
|All of Kashmir||11 Days||₹65,000|
|Kashmir Jewels||8 Days||₹45,000|
5 sonmarg Holiday Packages
Get to know more about Sonmarg before booking your tour packages
Sonmarg is located in the Ganderbal district of Jammu and Kashmir. Although the entire region of Jammu and Kashmir boasts of unsurpassed natural beauty, the panoramic views you can experience on your Sonmarg trip package elevate it to a whole new level. Sonmarg lies in a valley on the banks of the Nallah Sindh, a tributary of the Jhelum River and clearly visible on Sonmarg holiday packages are the great Himalayan Kolhoi and Machoi Glaciers. These glaciers, in turn, give rise to the majestic peaks of Sirbal, Kolhoi, Amarnath, and Machoi.
Once an important gateway to the ancient Silk Route, Sonmarg has been able to preserve its sanctity and Sonmarg tourism has slowly gained popularity for the ultimate serenity it offers.
Sonmarg is a destination which is to be explored slowly at an unhurried pace. Sonmarg packages are all about seeking rejuvenation and exhilaration through the abundance of nature. The sight of the snow-covered peaks and the shimmery glaciers, the never-ending meadows, and the spectacular lakes make a Sonmarg tour quite an exciting proposition. However, Sonmarg is not only about witnessing nature at its best but also about the unexpected thrills that the destination has to offer. You can plan a visit to the lakes, glaciers, and the foothills of the Himalayas but there's so much more to do here that you would be spoiled for choice. Being an important stop on the Amarnath Yatra route, a Sonmarg tour package holds its own might. Go white water rafting or indulge in some fishing at Krishnasar Lake or go camping at Baltal Lake; each activity offered in Sonmarg holiday packages is an exciting possibility. The vistas here are very captivating and you can explore them with the many natural trekking trails in the region. Even if you are a novice, a trekking expedition can add a lot of value to your Sonmarg tour.
Things to Do in Sonmarg
A Sonmarg sightseeing tour has so many utterly gorgeous landscapes that it would be difficult to decide on which ones to include and which ones to exclude. However, here are a few of the tourist places in Sonmarg that you should not miss out on:
- Thajiwas Glacier: This extraordinary glacier that rises 3000 m above sea level and is snow-covered all-year-round bestows one of the most breath-taking sceneries that you will be able to experience in a Sonmarg tour package. The best way to reach the glacier is by trekking from Sonmarg. All the effort you put into the trek will certainly be worth it as the trail itself takes you through some magnificent views. The sight of the frozen lake surrounded by lush greenery and the numerous waterfalls is truly mesmerizing. If a trek doesn’t excite you, a pony ride might just suit you better without bereaving you of the sensational beauty that surrounds you. Skiing and ice-scooter rides are also quite popular here. The nomadic Gujjar tribes have temporary settlements here and seem to have come from an altogether different age.
- Vishansar Lake: Just a tiny glimpse of the sapphire waters of Vishansar Lake on your Sonmarg tour package is enough to instantly captivate your senses. This lake is considered to be quite sacred by Kashmiri Pandits. It also serves as a source for the Nelum River that flows upwards in the northern direction. It is quite a treat to the eyes to see the sheep grazing nearby. The best way to enjoy the unspoiled aura of the lake and its surroundings is to opt for a night stay by the lake. You can browse Veena World for a customised Sonmarg package that suits you.
- Zoji La Pass: The difficult and unforgiving terrain of Zoji La Pass is a testimony of why it has been of historic and strategic importance to the country. It serves as an extremely important link between the union territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. It is the highest point where tanks have been used and a visit to this place on your Sonmarg package will give you the surreal feeling that you are on top of the world.
- Shutkari Bridge: If you always had wanted to do some white-water rafting, this would be the ideal place to get your adrenaline flowing. Whether you are a novice or an experienced rafter, there are ample opportunities and rafting stretches that will fulfil your desire for adventure on your Sonmarg package.
- Krishnasar Lake: This exquisite lake and the surroundings are sure to charm your senses. And what makes the visit even more fun is the availability of abundant trout fishing spots. Patiently waiting for the fish to take bait while the pristine mountain ambience keeps you company will prove to be one of the most enjoyable Sonmarg tourism experiences.
- Nilagrad River: This beauteous river is considered to be very sacred by the people of the valley and the locals often take a dip in the river on Sundays. The locals believe that the water of the river has healing properties. Settled nearby is the Baltic community that has made this area their home for ages. You can also visit their modest but inviting settlement to get a better perspective into the daily lives of the Baltics.
- Baltal Valley: This valley is ideal for an all-encompassing experience. Explore the mysterious looking caves or simply enjoy the infinite calm and soothing ambience of the valley, A Sonmarg trip package is completely worth your time as the ‘golden meadow’ is truly an amazing destination to explore.
A Sonmarg package offers such an invigorating mix of leisure and adventure that a trip to the destination is an experience of a lifetime, for you will rarely find so much beauty and excitement in one place. The carefully crafted Sonmarg tour packages available at Veena World include all the best places to see Sonmarg and promise an amazing vacation.
Best Time to Visit Sonmarg
The summer season from May to June is ideal for sightseeing, camping, and trekking. But if you want to witness the snowfall and frozen glaciers, the winter months from November to April would be perfect. July to September are monsoon months and the region experiences heavy rainfall and landslides and thus a tour to the place is not recommended during this time.