Gulmarg Tour Packages
Let Gulmarg’s scintillating ambience beguile you and give you a taste of paradise as you set foot in this captivating town in India.
A dream destination for skiers, a tour of Gulmarg takes you to a scenic town situated in Jammu and Kashmir. Gulmarg, also known as the ‘Meadow of Flowers’, is a nature lover’s haven with its mighty mountains, dainty lakes, beautiful meadows, and striking landscapes. Whether you wish to go skiing or to pick fresh strawberries, Gulmarg offers the perfect hill-escape to you. Travelers can opt for Gulmarg travel packages to explore every important aspect of Gulmarg and make the most of their trip.
From skiing amidst the captivating settings of Gulmarg to riding a Gondola to capture magnificent views of nature, Gulmarg travel packages help you explore the unhindered beauty of the town of Gulmarg. Whether you seek solitude or wish to spend some great time with your close ones, Gulmarg can definitely be your next travel destination. You can even go trekking with a Gulmarg package and explore the beautiful environs of the town. The best way to explore the beautiful town will be by going for one of the Gulmarg holiday packages online for your vacations. Gulmarg holiday packages not only come with a pre-planned tour itinerary but can be chosen according to your budgetary requirements as well. So, you can choose a cost-effectively priced Gulmarg tour package at Veena World according to your preferences. If you wish to go for a honeymoon in Gulmarg, there are Gulmarg honeymoon packages available at Veena World as well.
Gulmarg Travel Packages
|Kashmir Escape||5 Days||₹40,000|
|Honeymoon Special Kashmir||6 Days||₹45,000|
|Kashmir Highlights||6 Days||₹45,000|
|Seniors' Special Kashmir||6 Days||₹45,000|
|Women's Special Kashmir||6 Days||₹47,000|
22 gulmarg Holiday Packages
SUPER DEAL PRICE
(24 Jul 2022) Last 6 Seats
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
(06 Jul 2022) Last 2 Seats
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
SUPER DEAL PRICE
(02 Jul 2022) Last 3 Seats
Gulmarg Frequently Asked Questions
We help you prepare for your trip and ensure an effortless and enjoyable travel experience.
Your Gulmarg tour package should be for at least 2-3 days, which will allow you to explore all the best attractions the town has to offer. While Gulmarg’s gondola ride is of course the most popular attraction for tourists, other spots that you can include in your Gulmarg tour package are the Maharani Temple, St Mary's Church, the Gulmarg Golf Course, Maharaja Palace, and Strawberry Valley. If adventurous activities interest you, you should definitely consider undertaking the trek to Alpather Lake, which starts from the drop-off point of the Gondola’s Phase 2 and takes you on a steep climb, all the way to the top of the Alpather Peak.
The cost of your trip will depend on the Gulmarg package you choose and the inclusions under the package. However, at Veena World, you can explore a specially curated collection of holiday packages to Gulmarg that are available in a range of prices, based on the choice of accommodation, duration, mode of travel, etc. These packages range from budget-friendly to luxurious and are designed to suit different budgets. You can explore our Gulmarg packages to find the most suitable option that fits within your budget.
Gulmarg, the Meadow of Flowers, is a surreally beautiful hill station in Kashmir, replete with the most resplendent views, lush greenery, the second-highest gondola ride in the world, and a serene ambience that is perfect for unwinding and relaxing. While there are several attractions of note in the town, including a mesmerising two-phase gondola ride, that you can cover on your Gulmarg tour, the town is most famous for its winter sports, especially skiing. Gulmarg is the third-highest skiing resort in the world and the seventh best destination for skiing in Asia. Apart from witnessing how the tiny hamlet turns into a wonderland under a blanket of powdery snow, a tour of Gulmarg during the winters also comes with the chance to ski, go sledging, and enjoy numerous other winter sports. The Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering is also located in Gulmarg.
One of the most popular destinations in India for a honeymoon, Gulmarg experiences ample snowfall during the winter seasons. It is also a popular destination for winter sports like skiing, sledging, etc. If you want to witness the mesmerising snowfall at Gulmarg, the months of January and February, right after peak winter, will be the best time for planning your trip. Gulmarg is a very tranquil destination, blessed with ample natural beauty, and the mystical blanket of snow seems to turn it into something straight out of a fairy tale, which is also one of the reasons why when you think about the best destinations in India for a honeymoon, Gulmarg is one of the first names that come to mind.
Yes. Whether you are travelling solo, are on a group tour, or taking a family vacation, it is safe to book a trip package to Gulmarg. One of the most popular tourist destinations in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, Gulmarg is a safe destination, provided you take basic travel precautions that are a must for travellers all across the world, like not keeping all your cash at one place, not carrying valuables when you head out for sightseeing, etc. Adding further to the safety quotient, when you plan a Gulmarg trip with a package from Veena World, you also have the assurance of 24X7 support where you can reach out to your tour manager at any time for the queries you have, assistance you need, or in case of an emergency, and they will be happy to help you out.
Yes. You can book a solo, group, or family package to Gulmarg without worry as travel restrictions to Jammu and Kashmir have now been eased. Therefore, travellers are allowed to visit Gulmarg provided that they follow COVID-safety guidelines put in place by the local authorities.
Please read the latest destination-wise travel guidelines here. Since these guidelines are subject to change, we would recommend you to check our Travel Guidelines page every time before you travel so that you are in the know-how about the latest changes.
Yes. From the duration of the trip to the tour itinerary, Gulmarg holiday packages by Veena World can be customised completely to suit your preferences. Veena World’s customised holidays offer you complete freedom in deciding the basic aspects of your vacation package. You have control over how long the trip will be for, the number of destinations you will cover during the trip, the tourist spots and attractions that will be included in your Gulmarg tour itinerary, the type of accommodation for your stay, and even planning the itineraries for each day of your trip. You can opt for a customised holiday to Gulmarg with Veena World for the perfect vacation.
Gulmarg is one of the best tourist destinations in India that can be visited at any time throughout the year. You can choose a time to visit based on the cost of the Gulmarg tour and on what you plan to do there.
• Winters: The temperatures start dropping as October approaches, marking the beginning of the winter season, which is a highly preferred time among honeymooners as well for visiting Gulmarg. December-end to around mid-February is the best time to enjoy snowfall as well as winter sports.
• Summers: March to June is the tourist season in Gulmarg when the town transforms into a natural paradise with richly coloured landscapes and blooming greenery, living up to its name, which translates to “Meadow of Flowers”.
• Monsoons: The cost of a Gulmarg tour may be most budget-friendly during the monsoon season. While there are no heavy rains in Gulmarg, these months also tend to be the warmest in the year, which makes most tourists avoid Gulmarg during this period.
Based on the type of vacation you want to enjoy and on the cost of the Gulmarg tour, you can choose any time during the year for your trip.
Yes. Gulmarg is not just a hill station as it has something to offer for all kinds of travellers, in every season throughout the year. The “Meadow of Flowers” during the summers offers verdant greenery and lush landscapes that bring respite from daily life, as you unwind in the lap of Mother Nature. Come winters, this little hamlet completely transforms into a wonderland, covered with a blanket of snow, offering numerous winter sports for tourists to enjoy. Gulmarg is also home to the world’s second-highest gondola ride. Depending on your plans, you can book your Gulmarg honeymoon package or family package with Veena World for a relaxing vacation.
The best tourist spots and sightseeing destinations in Gulmarg are well marked, providing detailed information about everything you’d want to know, so you wouldn’t feel completely lost even without a guide. On the other hand, with a guide, you get a more personalised experience while sightseeing since a local guide offers great insight into the cultural aspects of the attractions. So, it is basically up to you whether you hire a guide or not when you are sightseeing. However, when you book Gulmarg holiday packages with Veena World, you do not need to worry about such details as our comprehensive holiday packages to Gulmarg include everything, including in-city transportation, meals and snacks, and even local guides for your sightseeing trips.
Get to know more about Gulmarg before booking your tour packages
Located at an altitude of 2730 meters above sea level in the Pir Panjal Range of Jammu and Kashmir, Gulmarg is a town famous for skiing and for the unspoilt beauty of nature. Wrapped by the snow-capped lofty Himalayas, Gulmarg offers immaculate views of nature with its deep ravines, flower meadows, and forested valleys, waiting to mesmerize you on your Gulmarg tour package. Credited as being one of the best honeymoon destinations in India, Gulmarg offers picturesque environs for the perfect romantic setting. This is one of the main reasons why newly married couples spend their honeymoon in Gulmarg, India and opt for Gulmarg honeymoon packages that cover every romantic spot in this alluring town.
Gulmarg converts into a wonderland during winters and looks absolutely radiant in the summer months as well. The town is also covered with a colorful sheet of flowers in the months of autumn with colors playing peek-a-boo with you throughout your tour of Gulmarg.
A Gulmarg trip package can also offer adventure activities as the townhouses the Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering as well. IISM offers different courses on mountaineering, skiing, and trekking. Various Bollywood films have also done their shooting in this town because of the immaculate beauty the place has to offer.
The best way to explore Gulmarg is to go for one of the cost-effectively priced Gulmarg holiday packages available online at Veena World. Because the Gulmarg vacation package will come with a pre-planned itinerary, you will not have to worry about any sightseeing hassles and will be able to focus on having fun during your trip.
When you tour Gulmarg, you will be able to see that the people of Gulmarg are very warm-hearted and believe in offering exemplary hospitality. Home to nomadic tribal groups such as the Bakarwal and Gujjars, Gulmarg is a scenic place that offers the perfect setting for a person searching for some solitude. People here lead a simple lifestyle and don a traditional attire that features embroidery and elaborate designs. The clothing of the people of Gulmarg is reflective of the rich culture of this scenic region. The main occupation of the nomadic tribes here is cattle breeding.
When you book your travel package to Gulmarg, do not forget to take some time out to try the local food. When the hunger pangs come calling, you can savour the delectable Rogan Josh, Yakhni, and Dum Aloo. Other dishes that you can try are Raazma-Gogji, Kehwah, and Sheekh Kabab for a taste of the authentic cuisine of Gulmarg.
Things to Do in Gulmarg
Offering a plethora of things to do, Gulmarg is your quintessential travel destination. Whenever you plan a Gulmarg tour, these activities can form a part of your Gulmarg itinerary:
- Gulmarg Gondola: One of the prime attractions of the town of Gulmarg is the Gulmarg Gondola, which is a cable car that offers breath-taking views of Gulmarg as well as of Khilanmarg. The gondola’s first phase takes you to the 8530 feet high Kongdori Station and the second stage takes you up to a height of 12293 feet. When you hop on the gondola ride, you get splendid views of the LOC, the Pir Panjal range, and Nanda Devi. The Gulmarg Gondola forms an integral part of many Gulmarg trip packages and can be opted for to gaze at the pristine beauty of Gulmarg from a completely different perspective.
- Skiing in Gulmarg: Sitting between Jammu and Kashmir, Gulmarg is a scenic location that offers the ideal set-up for adventure sports. At the time of blizzards, you can go skiing in the captivating open spaces of the forest terrain below Gulmarg. When you ski in this area, you may even reach the local shrines and spend time there. The number of skiers visiting Gulmarg increases every day as many travellers opt for a Gulmarg tour package to go skiing in the picture-perfect setting of the region.
- Golf Course, Gulmarg: Another important place that is a part of Gulmarg tour packages is the Golf Course of Gulmarg. Famous for being the highest 18-hole golf course on the planet, the course is located at 8700 feet above sea level. Once used by the British to play golf, the course was formally inaugurated in the year 2011. So, you can also include a visit to the golf course on your tour.
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserves: Located 48 km from Srinagar, the Gulmarg Biosphere Reserves house many rare and exotic species on the planet, such as the snow leopard, musk deer, and many more. You also get to see beautiful migratory birds at this protected reserve. So, make sure you include this place in your Gulmarg itinerary to spot some exotic species and to take in the calm environs of the reserve.
- Khilanmarg: Located 6 km away from Gulmarg bus station, Khilanmarg is a tiny paradise and a sight to behold in the spring when different flower bloom and carpet the area in different colors. If you visit the place in the winters by going for a Gulmarg tour package, you will see the place thronged by numerous skiers as it converts into a full-blown ski destination during this time. A visit to Khilanmarg is another one of the reasons that make Gulmarg a top honeymoon destination in India.
- Maharani Temple: Located in the midst of Gulmarg, the Maharani Temple is another place that you can visit on your trip. Constructed by the wife of Maharaja Hari Singh in the year 1915, the temple belongs to Jammu & Kashmir’s Dogra kings.
Best Time to Visit Gulmarg
The best time to visit Gulmarg is from March to June, i.e. the summer months. If the summer heat does not bother you, you can visit Gulmarg in the months of April, May, and June. But, if you wish to go on a Gulmarg tour that includes skiing, then December to mid-March are the months that you should choose for planning your trip.
So, you can opt for an online Gulmarg honeymoon package according to the best time to visit so you can have a great time during your trip.