With so many places to visit in this diverse country, it will be difficult to decide where to begin when it comes to exploring the myriad of attractions on your tour to the USA. Some cities in the United States are known for their cultural heritage, while others are known for their glamour and fun, providing travellers with a diverse range of options. However, the finest places to visit in the United States will be determined entirely by your personal interests. Sure, there are various spectacular places to visit in the USA, but before exploring these places, it is essential to get an American tourist visa for Indians. This blog is a complete guide to getting a US tourist visa for Indians.
About US tourist visas for Indians
So many Indians apply for a Visitor Visa to visit the United States each year. The B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa is intended for visitors to the USA for a short period of time for business, medical services, or travel. B-1 visas are issued to individuals travelling to the United States for business purposes such as contract negotiations, engagement at educational, scientific, or specialist conferences or gatherings, and seminars. The B-2 visa is intended for visitors to the United States for recreational activities, to visit friends or relatives, or for medical assistance. Usually, B-1 and B-2 visas are issued as a single document known as the B-1/B-2 Visa. You need a US tourist visa if you are taking a USA trip from India.
These are the general eligibility requirements for a US tourist visa for Indian citizens:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must have a current passport.
- They must have valid and correct identification, such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, and Voter ID card.
- Applicants without any criminal history are preferred over those with a history of some kind of crime.
How to apply for a US tourist visa for Indians?
- The traveller has to choose their location in India and begin their travel visa application at the US Consular Electronic Application Centre’s main site.
- They are required to complete the DS-160 Visa application form. It is mandatory to respond to all of the questions on the application form.
- They should electronically sign the application form and send it after sharing a passport-size photograph.
- The applicant has 48 hours after submitting the form to pay the visa processing fee. They have the option of paying the fee through internet banking.
- After submitting the form, the applicant should print the DS-160 verification page, which contains the barcode. This file should be kept safe until the traveller arrives in the United States.
- After submission, the applicant is required to attend two interviews. As a result, they must schedule appointments as soon as possible after the submission of their visa application.
- The applicant’s fingerprints and photographs are collected during the first interview. This is a quick procedure that shouldn’t take more than ten minutes. Applicants should always arrive a little sooner than their planned time slot.
- Most importantly, the interview is held to learn more about the applicant. Mobiles, electronic devices, and bags of any kind are not permitted inside the interviewer’s room throughout the interview. The applicant is only permitted to enter with their supporting documents.
- Throughout the second interview, the immigration department officer inquires about how the applicant intends to fund their trip, the length of their tour, and the reason for their visit to the United States. The immigration officer discloses the outcome of the interview on the spot.
Documents That an Indian Applicant Must Share To Get A Visitor’s Visa To The United States
During the second interview, an Indian tourist applying for a Tourist Visa to the United States must bring the following documents:
- Valid and original passport. The applicant must also bring all previous and expired passports to the interview. Furthermore, the current passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the applicant’s estimated date of arrival in the United States.
- A soft and hard copy of the passport-size photos taken in accordance with the specifications.
- Visa application DS-160 with a Visa Application Centre (VAC) stamp on the verification page.
- A valid receipt is required as proof of payment of the visa fee.
- The interviewer will want to verify that the applicant is a genuine individual who meets all of the needs for the Tourist Visa. As a result, the applicant should have valid identity proof and a legitimate reason to visit the United States.
- The applicant must provide documentation proving that they have adequate funds to cover their trip to the United States.
- Also, the applicant must demonstrate that they have strong connections back in India and that they have a powerful reason to return to their home country after the trip is completed.
- Proof of the trip’s purpose and intent to leave the United States once the trip is completed.
- The itinerary is detailed and full, with plans and dates.
- Confirmation of enough funds (copy of passbook and bank statement).
- A copy of the previous year’s tax payment, a PAN card, an Aadhaar card, and a TAX ID.
- Business card (if the applicant has one).
- Invitation cards from relatives or letters inviting the applicant to visit the United States are acceptable.
- If the applicant is already employed, they must obtain a letter of workforce from their current employer.
- If the applicant is employed by the government, they must provide a NOC.
- At last, if the applicant is a company owner, they must show proof of ownership of their company.
Important information for Indians:
- Applicants who do not have both a medical certificate and a police approval certificate will be denied entry into the US Embassy in New Delhi or the US Consulate in Mumbai.
- If you do not already have your Indian police approval letter by the deadline, you must reschedule your appointment.
- If there is an issue with your medical certificate, the Panel Physician will provide you with additional instructions.
- It should be noted that a tourist visa and a transit visa are not the same things. A transit visa is granted to a traveller who is passing through one country on their way to another.
Visa Processing Time for US tourist visa for Indians
- Throughout your visa appointment, the US consulate in India examines the facts and figures you presented in your Visa Application. When you apply in person using the India Visa application form, your Visitor Visa to the United States is generally approved within 3 to 5 business days.
- However, you may have to wait a few days before receiving the stamp of a US Visitor Visa on your passport, which is provided to your home address.
- It should be noted that in order to obtain an emergency visa for the United States, regular visa fees must first be paid. The DS-160 visa application form must then be completed. At last, if your request is approved, an interview will be scheduled.
Fee for US Tourist Visa for Indians
US tourist visa application cost varies from time to time for Indians. The candidate can pay the visitor visa fee via bank electronic transfer via NEFT or IMPS, or in cash at the nearest branches. The tourist visa fee is subject to change based on the current exchange rate. It is not refundable or transferable.
Validity for US tourist visa for Indians
The validity of a US tourist visa for Indians is up to 10 years. But, it will only permit to stay within 180 days (6 months) for every entry.
If you want to go to America for your next trip then look at various available USA tour packages that will allow you to travel within your budget. The application for a Tourist or Visitor Visa to travel to the United States is a time-consuming process that necessitates careful efforts. The applicant must ensure that all of their documents are accurate before sending them.