Rann Utsav – Known for its celebration of culture, tradition and heritage. The Rann Utsav of Gujarat is a vibrant celebration, a colourful festival and carnival of music, art, dance, culture which accentuates the natural beauty of the White Rann of Kutch during the full moon. The Rann of Kutch forms an integral part of this state and the festivities of the annual ‘Rann Utsav’ are something that have to be experienced by all travellers. Rann is the Hindi word for ‘desert’ and the salt land is a part of the Kutch region of Gujarat, which is how the name ‘Rann of Kutch’ was derived and gained popularity over the years. Rann of Kutch, one of the largest salt deserts is popular for being the tent city and one of the most visited tourist places in Gujarat. The wonderful irony here is the beautiful contrast of the white salt desert against the incredibly colourful Rann Utsav that takes place in the flat desert land every year.
The uniqueness of this land was noticed by the government of Gujarat and they wholeheartedly promoted the prestigious and spirited ‘Rann Utsav’ by organising under the name of the Government of Gujarat. The festival of Rann is held annually and lasts for a wonderful 3 months! The Rann Utsav gives travellers the unique opportunity of experiencing the white flat salt lands while getting a glimpse into the colourful culture, performing arts, local traditions, cuisines and heritage of Gujarat. How exceptionally wonderful it seems to explore the vibrant land of culture painted in the hues of heritage along with a festival that celebrates all of it and making you an inseparable and an integral part of it. It gives you so much to take back and so much to learn. The music, folk dances, handicrafts, textiles, local people and the stunning natural beauty of the Rann all comes together in this splendid festival to give travellers a unique experience of a lifetime. A discovery you can make by travelling with our online Rann of Kutch tour packages available at an affordable price!
Dates for this year: 1st November 2018 to 20th February 2019
What to expect?
– A perfect Rann of Kutch holiday package includes a perfect amalgamation of everything that represents the uniqueness of this victorious and glorious land of Gujarat.
– Located in the Thar Desert in the Kutch region of Gujarat, Rann Utsav is essentially a huge area of flat salt landscapes that stretch over 10,000 square miles.
– These salt desert landscapes are found between the Gulf of Kutch and the Indus River which flows into the neighbouring country.
– The Rann of Kutch is home to different types of ecosystems, vegetation and wildlife owing to its strategic location of being situated in a desert on one side and having the sea on the other side. Being a desert, the climate here tends to be harsh with summers being very hot and dry.
– The unique region of Kutch in Gujarat is well known for the Kutchi Gujarati people living there and the several tribal villages that are located in this region. This factor has managed to grab attention for Kutch as one of the most preferred tourist places in Gujarat.
– They have their own set of traditions and culture that they follow and this is distinctively seen in the Rann Utsav that showcases the talent of these different communities. Most have heard about the Navratri Puja in Gujarat depicting the cultural traditions of this land.
– The Rann Utsav brings together different people living in different parts of the state and gives them an opportunity to display their culture to the world! You will find various kinds of events and activities happening throughout the Rann of Kutch during this festival. When combined with Navratri Puja in Gujarat the idea of festive travel is witnessed on a whole new level!
Highlights of the Tour:
- Rann Utsav packages are usually framed in 3 nights, 4 days framed along with interesting tourist places in Gujarat. This makes it easier for the travellers to experience so much in so little time!
- The Rann Utsav is typically combined with the sightseeing delights or places to visit in Gujarat along with the Bhuj city and sometimes even the cities of Ahmedabad, Junagarh, Sasan Gir, Somnath, Dwarka and Jamnagar when the Rann Utsav is part of a long Gujarat Explorer tour.
- During the Rann Utsav tour, we typically begin by exploring Bhuj city. We visit the splendid sights of Aina Mahal, Prag Mahal and Swaminarayan Mandir.
- The next day, we proceed to the Tent City – Dhordo, which is the tent base for the Rann Utsav and is one of the topmost favoured tourist places in Gujarat.
- We enjoy cultural activities at the Tent City and get a glimpse of the local culture, traditions, arts & crafts of Gujarat.
- In the evening, we head to the White Rann to witness the grandeur of the amazing sunset against the white flat salt lands making it one of the most popular tourist places in Gujarat. This is a great opportunity to click some unique photos wherein you can try different poses against the flat land.
- The next day we head to Bhuj again and explore the popular places to visit in Gujarat in Vijay Vilas Palace and Mandvi Beach. We also get some free time to enjoy shopping at Bhuj City.
- This delightful tour combines the best of places to visit in Gujarat along with a fun eventful experience of the Rann Utsav at Kutch.
- The Gujarat festival Navratri is one of the most popular representations of their culture but Rann Utsav is something that will blow your mind. Combine it along with the landscape, the sightseeing of all the places to visit in Gujarat and the overall travel experience is such that, it remains etched in your memory and captured in your mind’s eye for years to come!
Must Try Activities:
- Para-Motoring: Experience the Tent City from the air.
- ATV: Your adrenaline experiences a rush when you board the ATV – all-terrain vehicle. The adventure easily seeps in the veins to get you all excited and enjoy the true essence of the flat land.
- Trike bike ride: The three-wheeled scooter lets you enjoy the terrain and also benefit your health! Double bonus, extravagant experience!
- Paintball: The name gives the exact idea and excitement as the activity itself! Paint a war and enjoy the victory!
- Camel Cart: This clichéd idea of a desert activity will make you witness why it is so popular in the first place if you experience it here in the white desert!
- Rappelling and Rock climbing: Mount the adventure and experience the thrill as you experience a whole new side of the destination.
- Hot air balloon ride over Kutch: One of the most popular and most photographed activities of Kutch, hot air balloon ride is as exciting, romantic and adventurous as it sounds! Find your reason to be on Cloud 9!
- Segway: A fun way to traverse around the location and enjoying the technology of travel.
- Shopping ethnic handicrafts: Souvenirs here are more lively, coloured and creative.
- Star Gazing: Experience one of the most spectacular activities that are available here. Stargaze in this terrain as the blanket of stars design the sky and the blanket of white salt design the land.
- Rejuvenation Centre: Rejuvenate your senses and make use of what the location can give you to take back, more than memories and stories.
When one thinks of this land they have the idea of people enjoying the Gujarat festival Navratri but prepare yourself to live the raw and pristine thrill of the Great Rann of Kutch and you will enjoy the true essence of Rann Utsav Gujarat! Find it all in our specially crafted Rann of Kutch holiday package! Experiences involved in the Rann of Kutch tour packages are so different and unique that they come together in harmony and form an integral part of our Rann of Kutch tour packages to elevate your travel and sightseeing experience altogether. Such experiences that are stitched together by bringing together the best tourist places in Gujarat and the Rann Utsav Gujarat have caused tour operators in Gujarat to inspire more and more travellers to book their culturally retrieving trip!
“Celebrate travel by exploring such an exceptional destination which brings a whole new meaning to your journey”
Thanks for rann utsav festival guide.
Wonderful post. This blog has an amazing information about the destination places beautiful visiting spots and captures very impressive photos. Thanks for wonderful post! Kutch is very very beautiful destination of Gujarat.
Wow! Such a fascinating and insightful. Really lovely photos. Great share! It was such an informational blog, pleasure reading your content, Thanks. Keep sharing!.
I would like to know package details with Nov dates
Hello Ms. Sangita, Thank you for your enquiry! We have forwarded your request to our concerned team and they will get back to you shortly on your email.
Would like to know the Business to Business Rates of Rank Utsav festival with Dates and No of days Packages
Hello Ms.Ami Mehta, Thank you for your enquiry! We have forwarded your request to our concerned team and they will get back to you shortly on your email.